News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:26:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Snow Eagle  (Read 27714 times)

Offline Snow Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
The Snow Eagle
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:16:33 PM »
Well here goes nothin. This is the' Snow Eagle' bought at the Salvation Army Auto Auction. Bought new out of Olympia Washington. Has the Cold climate package. Unmolested.

Offline Snow Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
The Snow Eagle
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:44:04 PM »
Here is an interesting question. On the cowl is the date 12-10-7 and a number 56 under it. The last Eagle was built 12-10-87. Do any other 1988 owners have these numbers or is it just an oil change reminder?

Prafeston

The Snow Eagle
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 12:43:36 PM »
Whoa, what a find! How much did it go for at auction? Looks to be in really good shape...how many miles are on it?

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
The Snow Eagle
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »
What a beautiful survivor.  I wonder if that is a last day car, and one of the folks on the line wrote that on the car.  That would be neat to know.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Snow Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
The Snow Eagle
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 08:02:55 PM »
56th car on that day. 56 from the end.  Date on door says 11/21/87. Who knows but it does make me wonder.

Final price was $1500 and the car has 137K on it. Its going to need a trans rebuild but that's no big deal. Just got to get a little dirty. Torque Commands are easy. Engine is strong and well cared for. Here are some more pictures.

High dollar cassette with 4 coaxial speakers. Also the optional all weather hood release.

Factory mud flaps

Heavy Duty roof rack mounts.

Opera headliner

Car has zero rust. Its fully undercoated and has never been off-road. There is not a scratch on the skid plates in fact the molding nipple on the bump stop is still there. Gonna clean her up for the survivor class. LOL!

Prafeston

The Snow Eagle
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 08:14:09 PM »
Great find at an amazing price! Zero rust and an exterior that looks like that. You definitely ripped someone off! :)

Offline HappyPappy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
The Snow Eagle
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 11:56:31 PM »
NO, he didn't rip anybody off, just was at the right place at the right time.  GREAT looking find. Typical head liner problem.

Offline Snow Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
The Snow Eagle
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 05:34:51 PM »
I think he was joking...lol. But thank you all for the support. I will post some more pictures as we fix her up or find interesting items. Dont want to bore u with trivial stuff. Anyway she has found a good home with my Dad and it will go nice next to his 84 Limited wagon that we put a 4.0H.O. out of a 97 XJ. Only the 88 will be much slower! ::)

Prafeston

The Snow Eagle
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
I suggest starting a thread in the "Your Eagle(s)" section if you plan on posting more pics and things about your Eagle Nevermind. Looks like IowaEagle moved it for you.

Thanks for sharing all the photos. You got a really nice Eagle there.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:08:40 PM by Prafeston »

Offline papacarn

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: The Snow Eagle
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »
Great looking car. If your ever get on the East side of the Washington Cascades, drop by. That rig would look right at home in my driveway.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 01:41:50 AM »
SWEEEET!

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 02:00:36 AM »
Holy crapoly!  Someone donated that to the Salvation Army?  :o

What's going on with the passenger side interior door panel?  Why are those three rectangular bits screwed on there (thus ruining the panel)?

Subtract the last four digits of the VIN from 2306, and that will tell you how close it is to the end of production.

(Yes, I know the cars weren't necessarily built in the order that VINs were assigned...)
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline Roadmaster

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 21
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »
what a beautiful car!  i love the whites its my favorite "color".  and the "opera" headliner fits right in with the rest of us  ;D
wanna trade?
1985 Eagle Sedan
had an 86 Eagle wagon
had an 83 Eagle limited wagon
miss my Roadmaster Estate

Williamsport, PA

Offline Snow Eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 09:44:25 PM »
Both door panels must have had a pocket attached at one time. They were velcroed and riveted.  The sequence and body number is 2076 and VIN is 2117. So its about 189 from end of production.

rohnk

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 10:51:14 PM »
Nice find!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk