News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 03:59:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1983 AMC Eagle SX/4  (Read 5142 times)

Offline amcjoe

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
« on: February 28, 2013, 07:53:58 PM »
This is not mine but I have been talking to the owner and drove the car yesterday.  It needs a good cleaning and polishing but the body is rust free.   The car started right away and ran well.   It has the 258 with an automatic and a/c.  She is the second owner and the car has about 46,000 miles.

It's a solid car for the SX/4 lovers.   She reduced the price to $4,700.  The car is located in Mandan, ND.   Her phone number is 701-658-9308.

Additional pictures can be found here:  https://picasaweb.google.com/101445440766310460985/AMCEagle?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNiXsLPtluvrpAE&feat=directlink

The interior and engine pictures were sent to me by the owner.  I took the exterior pictures.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:42:05 PM by amcjoe »

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: 1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 10:50:16 AM »
Looks to be a neat car for someone. Would like to see more pictures and some in depth details before calling her. Probably has been bombarded with calls. Probably worth the asking price if its as nice as it appears.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline amcjoe

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »
Here is additional info provided by the owner:

I am the current owner of this 1983 amc.  What I can tell you is that I am the 2nd owner of the vehicle and mileage is accurate at around 46k.  I purchased the vehicle about a year ago when doing so I received a title dated 1982.  The previous owner took very good care of the car and always had the same mechanic work on it from the dealership it was purchased. The vehicle ended up sitting for a few years and the owner was moving and did not have a place to store the vehicle.  I bought it and brought her back to life.

I have recently replaced the alternator, battery, tires, belts, master cylinder AC and exhaust pipe.  Interior needs to be vacuumed out, other than that seats leather etc is very very clean. 4wd also works great.  The only thing I have not done is replace the rubber sealant around the doors and sunroof.  You can feel the air leak when going at higher speeds but is a simple fix.  I will try a nd get additional pics posted after I get it vaccumed out.  This is a very clean vehicle that I have been using as a daily driver for the past year.  Eagle fans don't miss out on this one.  Feel free to give me a call if you're interested or have additional questions. 701-658-9308

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:43:14 PM by amcjoe »

Offline amcjoe

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »
The owner provided engine pics - I added them to the album listed in the original post.

Offline amcjoe

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 08:42:55 PM »
Owner reduced price to $4,700.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk