News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 02:22:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 83SX4 EO COIL SPRINGS/LEAF SPRINGS  (Read 3748 times)

Offline J.PEACOCK

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
83SX4 EO COIL SPRINGS/LEAF SPRINGS
« on: June 20, 2011, 09:38:44 AM »
I DONT UNDERSTAND THE FORMAT OF HOW TO POST THIS SO I WILL REPEAT MY QUESTION. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ORIGINAL SPECS FOR A 83SX4 COIL SPRINGS OR LEAF SPRINGS.

rohnk

Re: 83SX4 EO COIL SPRINGS/LEAF SPRINGS
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 10:01:02 AM »
What kind of info are you looking for on these parts? Compression strength? I would think there would be something in the TSM but I'll have to wait until I get home to check.

Have you looked at the drivers door tag to give any info on load or balancing? Maybe that will give you a clue to the information you seek.

Smitch

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 07:06:27 PM »
We have all the info you need, I think. If you browse around you'll find the the part numbers and specs for just about anything related to the AMC Eagle. That's what we're all about!

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 08:20:06 PM »
For someone who doesn't understand the FORMAT, you seem to have no problem posting.

You need to learn how to look.  It's pretty obvious where it is.  All the specs are there.

Smitch

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 03:11:23 AM »
I DONT UNDERSTAND THE FORMAT OF HOW TO POST THIS SO I WILL REPEAT MY QUESTION. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ORIGINAL SPECS FOR A 83SX4 COIL SPRINGS OR LEAF SPRINGS.

Also, when you use all capital letters you are considered to be yelling. Some folks don't like being yelled at!!  ;D

rohnk

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »
I looked in the EaglePedia and found the info your looking for. Just follow the link! I did look it up in my books at home too and this info is directly from there. Hope this helps your cause!  ;)

http://www.amceaglenest.com/~iowaeagl/guide/index.php?title=Shocks_%26_Springs

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 07:39:03 AM »
I'm assuming you're making custom springs,can't help there,but there are vendors on the links page that can hook you up with new OE springs just tell them what model engine and whether it has ac or not,just my 2 cents
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk