News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 05, 2024, 10:22:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another Eagle Found in Kansas City  (Read 4464 times)

Prafeston

Another Eagle Found in Kansas City
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »
This is the second Eagle I've found in KC. Looks to be the same color, but I think it was a different car. Anyway, here it is. Found by the railroad tracks close to the river.

Not sure what this steering wheel is off of but it says SS in the center.

Prafeston

Re: Another Eagle Found in Kansas City
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:46:12 PM »
Forgot I saw this Sedan when I was at the Pick N Pull looking for some Festiva goodies. It wasn't actually in the yard, but on the other side of the fence in another yard I guess.

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 08:48:15 PM »
I believe the steering wheel is from a Vega but then again the seventy six Vette used the same Vega wheel.  The horn button could be off any mid seventy chevy super sport car.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »
Looks like that sedan has seen better days... :(
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Prafeston

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 11:40:35 PM »
Yeah, poor thing!

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
That wagon looks to be in good condition, so I have to wonder why the hood was replaced.  I'm guessing that the steering wheel is from a Camaro.

The sedan makes me want to openly weep.  :'(
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Prafeston

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
The wagon was definitely showing it's age, but it was in better condition than some. I didn't even notice until you said something that the hood does appear to be a slightly different color. It was missing the hood ornament too.

Offline monsterbronc

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 23
  • Quicksand!, What quicksand?
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 10:01:43 PM »
That might be the wagon I keep seeing at Denny's in Independance, Next time I see it Ill get a closer look.

the Yard the sedan is in belongs to C&H I think, they are the cruddy moble home office behind the glass shop. Ive tried buying things from them before, but they never know if they have the part, and wont let you in the yard, they always take my number and say they will call me back, but out of the 6 or more times Ive inquired about something, they never once called. and they are pretty proud of their junk too.

Shurly you've spotted mee? My jacked up beast is hard to miss.
2001 Subaru Outback (the official car of Co.)
1979 Bronco, hauler/crawler, (Monster)
2014 Invacare T7A, (my new legs/wheels)

possible future rig......
imagine an AMX  on a FSJ frame.....

There is nothing wrong with my legs, they just wont do a :censored: thing I tell them!

Prafeston

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »
I actually live in Rolla and my GF lives in Olatha, KS so I'm in the KC area a couple times a month usually. So far I've only seen these two and another tan one parked in an Alley by Grinders Pizza.

http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=37676.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk