News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 11:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Updated number for altenator belt  (Read 3830 times)

Offline hanajack

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
Updated number for altenator belt
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »
     Subject belt trashed.  It is/was a NAPA 25-14485.  NAPA on line does not recognize that number - is there a new #?  What are other belt mfg. part numbers?

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: Updated number for altenator belt
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:18:04 PM »
Just looked at my supply

dayco 15250

we are talking the dinky one run off the compressor right¿

Manitowoc WI

Offline hanajack

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:19:39 PM »
     Good question.  I removed the compressor and mounted the alt. where the compressor was.  [I have a write-up on the procedure with photos - but haven't  posted it because don't know how to get photos on the post.  Pretty neat set-up using 90% existing compressor parts and 10% scrap metal and bolts].
     That 25-14485 belt was "there" in the process - have to check on it. 

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 04:29:22 AM »
They can cross reference that as it's NAPA's old numbering system. 25-9570 is the new number. (they should re-train the person that couldn't cross reference that simple thing!)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline mramc

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 05:18:13 PM »
They can cross reference that as it's NAPA's old numbering system. 25-9570 is the new number. (they should re-train the person that couldn't cross reference that simple thing!)

I'd be interested in that got a friend with just that problem. LRDaum

Offline hanajack

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »
Just found a good belt cross reference for Dayco, Gates and Napa at:  http://autobeltsonline.com

Offline mramc

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 06:14:18 PM »
     Good question.  I removed the compressor and mounted the alt. where the compressor was.  [I have a write-up on the procedure with photos - but haven't  posted it because don't know how to get photos on the post.  Pretty neat set-up using 90% existing compressor parts and 10% scrap metal and bolts].
     That 25-14485 belt was "there" in the process - have to check on it. 

I got the wrong quote. I'm interest in how you moved the alternator to the A/C area . LRDaum

Offline hanajack

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 06:05:02 PM »
If someone could tell me how to post photos, I'll post them and the write-up - it's pretty neat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk