News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 01:23:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1982 Eagle 4-dr sedan...  (Read 2246 times)

Offline KatieF

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
1982 Eagle 4-dr sedan...
« on: August 27, 2011, 07:45:59 PM »
Hello, all - I've just aquired an '82 Eagle 4-dr sedan, 6 cyl/auto/FT-PT 4WD.  It appears to be in pretty good shape although I need to do a more thorough inspection.  It's been parked for two years but was running at that time, and has 101,000 miles on it.  If it proves to be relatively sound I'd like to get it running and spruce it up but I have concerns about repairing/replacing major drivetrain components if needed.  Is there anyone out there who wouldn't mind fielding some questions about that?  I've been a Chevy girl all my life but this little car has won me over.  Thanks!

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
Re: 1982 Eagle 4-dr sedan...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »
Welcome.  I assure you that you can get answers to all your questions here.  We have members that know these cars from ground up and radiator to rear bumper and are happy to offer help.
If you want to give us your general location we may have members close enough to offer on site help.
We would really like to see pictures of your new ride.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline autumnglen

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:06:47 PM »
welcome, I also drive an 82 four door sedan.     Rita

Offline ronnieonnie2000

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 09:24:58 AM »
hello there rita i have a 86 sedan u will love it  :)

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »

HI     KatieF    Welcome to the nest . and great save theres not Meany 4 Dr's around .glad to see some one
                             save one .here is an egg .I hope you like eggs ...we like pictures .....good luck with the Eagle
                                .................Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk