News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 09:16:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle Sx/4  (Read 2479 times)

Offline engineman56

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
Eagle Sx/4
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:59:24 PM »
Just wanted  to say Hi. I'm new on this forum. My name is Kevin and I'm currently helping my nephew Tyler get running my old Eagle. I had it stored in the back building for a long time. Him and his Dad came over and needed something and he spotted it in the building and asked what I was going to do with it. I asked why and Tyler told me he wanted it. His Dad Jim told him he could have it if he helped me do some things around my property. 

Tyler is a great helper and a really good worker too. I just gave it to him. I also bought him loads of parts for it too. I was restoring it 13 years ago and have so many other projects that It just got lost in the mix and never got reassembled. Sooooooooo...... Here I am helping him reassemble it to be road worthy and to much of my syrprise Tyler has most of the assembly done. And its looking pretty good.

I seemed to have forgotten all the little details of the actual car. It has been 13+ years. Tyler has a very good book on how the car works and I like the book but there are things I think they intentionally left out. I've found your site and there things on this site that are very helpful. I still may need a little steering around tho. LOL So I will be needing the brain refreshers that come along. It has been really fun helping Tyler out with the assembly. Thanks, Kevin

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Eagle Sx/4
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 09:06:08 PM »
Welcome to the Nest! 
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 10:24:04 PM »
Sounds like a great project, and its cool that someone new is discovering the joy of Eagle-ing!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »
Welcome.  I would encourage Tyler to join this forum, as well.  He will be exposed to a large contingent of enthusiastic Eagle owners and an amazing amount of information.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline engineman56

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »
Thanks everyone for the Welcome. I'm looking forward to being on here. There is some cool Eagles on here. This has been a fun project for Tyler. He told me about this forum. I think hes a member already. I'm learning things I didn't know about Eagles. LOL

Kevin

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 12:03:43 PM »

HI      Kevin  Welcome to the nest keep up the good work and enjoy ..............Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk