News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 02:00:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do you re-install wiper motor with spring loaded brushes?  (Read 1802 times)

Offline richml3

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
OK, let's get through this quickly ... my son thought he was doing something right only to find out he wasn't, but too late.  He removed the two long screws that hold the wiper motor commutator on and when he did ... BOING! ... out came the three little brushes and the springs.  Luckily didn't lose any, but I need to know if there's a trick to holding those little buggers in place so I can re-install the commutator and try to forget this ever happened.

I tried to load them in there and tape them in place, slide the commutator on and then try to rip the tape out, but not so easy.  Any other thoughts?

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
Re: How do you re-install wiper motor with spring loaded brushes?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 02:51:04 AM »
have you tried using a piece of string or a rubber band to hold them together.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: How do you re-install wiper motor with spring loaded brushes?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 03:11:45 AM »
I made a thin tube to hold them apart.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk