News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:57:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Keep an eye on those fuel lines.  (Read 7407 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Keep an eye on those fuel lines.
« on: August 03, 2011, 12:32:06 AM »
Not my car...THANK GOD!!....found these disturbing pics on "Dan's AMC Adventures" this was on the Dan and Dawns 86 Eagle thread. Just another reminder to keep an eye on aging fuel lines and electical connections  ;)
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Keep an eye on those fuel lines.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:04:31 AM »
That is sad  :'(

Thanks for the reminder
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 12:05:47 AM »
There was a thread somewhere on here a while back about an Eagle that caught fire due to faulty fuel lines.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 10:53:12 AM »
I had a leaking master cylinder and brake fluid made contact with my exhaust manifold once.  Instant melt down.  Brake fluid is highly corrosive and flamible.   I am very aware of leaking fluids under the hood now.

On another note, I work on Jeeps/Eagles all the time installing the Motorcraft 2100 and 2150's.  I am always amazed at how bad and rotten peoples fuel lines are.  This is common sense stuff guys.  Keep your hoses fresh.  I'ts cheap, fast and you always end up finding something else that requires attention when you're routing around the engine bay. 
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk