News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:05:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2012 International Meet - what do people want to do?  (Read 14587 times)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
2012 International Meet - what do people want to do?
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:45:37 PM »
So here is a quick recap on the 2012 International Meet:

1) Mick originally volunteered to host the meet in Wyoming but ran into some time constraints

2) He suggested the meet be held in conjunction with the Eagle Motel cruise from the Rambler Ranch (Elizabeth CO)  to the Eagle Motel (Manitou Springs CO) which will be on Oct 13.  We could probably get in some extra time at the Ranch, and also do some other activities in the Denver area.  It doesn't sound like any local Nesters have a home where it would be real easy to just hang out or work on the Eagles.  This idea was suggested about 6 weeks ago, but hasn't gained a lot of traction here on the Nest.

3)  Mavericke noticed last week that there wasn't much happening on the annual meet, and is trying to get it kick-started.  He said if there wasn't a lot of interest in holding it in CO that he would host it again at the Midwest Eagle Sanctuary in Illinois.

So folks, what's your pleasure - please weigh in.  Colorado? Illinois?  Another option?  And how many folks think they could really make it to a meet.  Please give us your opinion, we can set up a poll if that would work best.

I know people would have a great time visiting the Rambler Ranch, and cruising with 25 other Eagles to the Eagle Motel, but I also realize that its a long trip for most people.  Let us know what you think.  Thanks!!!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Prafeston

Re: 2012 International Meet - what do people want to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »
I'm down for any and all possibilities. I went to IL last year and that's where I found my Eagle. I'd love to head out West though and see the mountains and hang out at the Eagle Motel. Maybe Gronk could help out and we could install some MC 2150s in some Eagles! :)

Probably would be too soon for most people, but there is also a big AMC show going on in Michigan on Aug. 19th and they are wanting to Showcase the Eagle as it's the 25th anniversary for the last Eagle being made...and subsequently the last AMC.

http://theamcforum.com/forum/great-lakes-classic-amc-26th-all-amc-family-show_topic36281.html

Would be great to have a nice showing of AMC Eagle Nesters there.

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:41:14 AM »
I am in for Colorado this year. I would love to do the Eagle motel trip, and would like to see as many non- Rambler Ranch Eagles there as possible.  Don't get me wrong, Terry has the best Eagle collection on the planet. However, it would be nice for Terry to not have to get 25 of his friends drive the cars to the motel!  There is quite a few members in or near Colorado, so this would be a great place to get together.....Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »
I'm in for a Colorado meet...if it goes to Illinois I will be out. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline standup650

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Never thought i'd have one but know i always will!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:00:50 PM »
Colorado is a bit far for my new england bird. closer to the middle would be nice.

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 11:16:34 PM »
Would love to make the Colorado trip.
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Offline turbogremlin

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
    • Mid America AMC
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 10:26:29 PM »
Hello all - first post, I figured I'd better register just to reply on this thread! I'm pretty excited to hear the possibility of a meet in Colorado this year. Count me in for the trip if it happens!
1982 Eagle Limited - 4.0L Head 4Spd
1978 Gremlin
1974 Gremlin
1971 Javelin - 360
1969 AMX - 401 4Spd

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 10:14:05 AM »
Sounds like there is alot of interest in Colorado this year. If you guys can make it happen and get enough people to commit - I say "roll" with it.

I wasn't aware of the 25th Eagle Anniv.... in my professional opinion - if we're going to have an international meet - this should be the spot! How does a group have a big meet centered around Eagles and not holler at us first thing? Maybe I missed the memo, LOL! But really really... this is something we should all work hard to make. I've always wanted to make the Eagle Motel trip but that does happen every year. This 25th anniv only happens once and if we are all die-hard Eaglers like we all say we are... then how could we miss an Eagle anniv!? If we go - it'd be cool to have a new shirt made JUST for the occasion... a GOLDEN Eagle!! Haha!

You guys hash it out... obviously I'm trying to sway for the Michigan anniv... but we can always do one here if it's easier for most people but it seems like more interest in the Eagle Motel so I'm down with whatever. I just kind of see the Eagle Motel trip as it's own annual thing every year. But again, I will help you guys put together whichever meet you want as long as we nail down a date ASAP.

I dropped the ball this year and I should have been more proactive... and I had alot going on but that should be no excuse. Mick has a "get out of jail free card" because life does happen and though he was tasked to host the Meet this year - I'M the one that's supposed to be pushing things along and making sure everything is rolling smoothly. I've been away alot lately and I'm not sure I can come back and participate as often as I once did but you have my word that I will NOT allow this to happen again on my watch. You all have my most sincere apologies and personal promise that from here on out - the Meets will not be last-minute and everyone will have ample time to prepare. We'll start working on 2013 once we get some dates set for this year.

Now... back to your regularly scheduled programming, lol!
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

rohnk

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 01:22:47 PM »
I'll be at the Michigan meet with my SX4 to represent! I'm also planning to go to Cordova to put some things out for sale. Colorado would be nice, but we will have to see how that shakes out.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 11:58:30 PM »
Would love to make the 2012 meet, but I am in between jobs right now.  No extra money for the foreseeable future.  I will be there in spirit.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »
Would love to make the 2012 meet, but I am in between jobs right now.  No extra money for the foreseeable future.  I will be there in spirit.

Understood. We'll rev'em up for ya! :P

I'll be at the Michigan meet with my SX4 to represent! I'm also planning to go to Cordova to put some things out for sale. Colorado would be nice, but we will have to see how that shakes out.

Awesome! So I'll see you at one of them for sure! When it gets a little closer we'll have to get together and try to make some plans to meet and hang out if you're down for it. I enjoyed your company last year and I look forward to hanging out again this year!
The AMC Eagle

rohnk

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 02:16:07 PM »
Sure thing Mav. Maybe this time some of the family will come with me. I may need a support vehicle anyway with how tempermental the Eagle can be at times.

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »
Sure thing Mav. Maybe this time some of the family will come with me. I may need a support vehicle anyway with how tempermental the Eagle can be at times.

Rock on man! If you make it this way, maybe you can come to the Sanctuary this time. If you haven't gotten those louvers fixed yet - bring them and we can work on them! I can also fab you up some decent brackets if need be.
The AMC Eagle

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 01:46:34 AM »
OK, so what's actually happening?  Are we doing the EagleNest/Rambler Ranch in Denver, or something I totaly have not heard anything about in MI?  getting a little lost in the array of options... my vote is Denver for sure! 

Either way, have a great weekend,

Jesse

Prafeston

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 02:06:06 AM »
I think it was settled that it would be at the Eagle motel. No one has taken much initiative though. I'm still going to try to make it to that MI AMC show..it all depends on when my sister has her baby.

Offline j2sax

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 10:59:58 AM »
Can you post up details on the MI show?  If you are going to the Eagle Motel/Rambler Ranch, maybe we can caravan out.  I may go a coupe of days early and see an account in Hays, KS. 

Have a great weekend

Jesse

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »
I think it was settled that it would be at the Eagle motel. No one has taken much initiative though. I'm still going to try to make it to that MI AMC show..it all depends on when my sister has her baby.
I am confused.  I thought the Eagle Motel trip was set for October 13?   If the MI meet is in August, then maybe I can do both....Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Prafeston

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 05:09:32 PM »
The Motel trip is in October. The MI Show featuring the Eagle's 25th year since last production is like August 19th I believe. Not sure who all is going to that one. Really hoping I can be there...likely without an Eagle though...maybe someone will be selling! :)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 08:54:43 PM »
The Motel trip is in October. The MI Show featuring the Eagle's 25th year since last production is like August 19th I believe. Not sure who all is going to that one. Really hoping I can be there...likely without an Eagle though...maybe someone will be selling! :)

The MI show is the same weekend as the Woodward Dream Cruise.  I have not experienced that but everyone who has says its great.

I'll try to start a thread on the definite Rambler Ranch/Eagle Motel/Eagle Nest meet in the next couple days.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline carguy87

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 01:59:51 AM »
I'll be at the Livonia, Mi show on the 19th, not competing though.  My Eagle has experienced a little neglect since I got in my motorcycle accident.

Prafeston

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 02:43:53 AM »
You should still take it. The show needs as many eagles there as possible!

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 02:48:34 PM »
Ok, so nothing is really set in stone... I will create a new thread with dates and info. This is all kind of last-minute so it's really hard to use the Aug 19th, Michigan trip for alot of folks that can't get time off work by then. On the other hand, another month or two probably isn't going to help most folks. SO... officially... we're going to simply remove the Eagle Motel trip since there seems to be the least amount of interest in it and we will go with the Cordova and Michigan meets as this year's "official" meets. I will TRY to make the MI meet but honestly, I highly doubt it's in my budget at the momenr (which is basically no budget at all, lol).

SO... we'll set up a page with both meets and if we get anough for the MI meet, then we'll call it "official" otherwise we'll use the Cordova Meet as the "official" ONLY because there is a bit more time to plan for it.

I apologize for this years fubar'dness and you have my word that it will not happen again. From here on out, dates must be set at least 8mo in advance for early planning. If no one is willing/able to jump in and take the reigns on any given year by the deadline, then we will most likely use the Cordova show as the official Meet spot each year. It pretty much has everything we need/want for a meet. AMC's, car show, racing, lodging, food and even trophies for the Eagle class. I think it's an easier/simpler method to finding a Meet spot if no one else is able to set anything up elsewhere. It's also central US and probably more accessible than most other places so it works out all around. Not to mention, the Cordova guys are always happy to welcome us and we have Nest members that help run the event as well.

But again - this isn't me trying to like "take-over" the Meets - it's just setting a plan in motion for future Meets in case something falls through in the future. Since I've kinda always helped run the Meets, this makes it easier for me to have a back-up plan in case there are any similar issues in the future. And again, it kinda works out all-around for all the reasons above.

SO.... I will start a new thread with both potential meets and we will just have to wing it as best as we can this year and make the best of the situation. And then in future years we know we always have a back-up plan.

So...

Detroit (Livonia), Michigan - Saturday, August 18th
http://theamcforum.com/forum/great-lakes-classic-amc-26th-all-amc-family-show_topic36281.html

and

Cordova, Illinois - September 7th, 8th and 9th
http://www.cordovadrag.com/2012/events/12cdp-amc-flyer.pdf
The AMC Eagle

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »
Ok I did NOT see this thread...

http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=39507.0

Regarding the Rambler Ranch Meet... I had tried to figure out what was going on mid-June and I got no response. :/ I do not see much interest as far as several people showing up there but I will add it to the "list". It looks like this year will be several mini-meets?

We need to start coming up with ideas for next year so that this does not happen again. This is a bit chaotic lol... but we will work with it and things will be fine. First things first... I'm going to consolidate all of the 2012 topics and then lock all the other threads so we can keep it all together. That is half the problem there - several threads. :/ So I will post more shortly.
The AMC Eagle

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »
Please direct all 2012 Meet posts here...

http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=39533.0

Several posts regarding the 2012 Meet but nothing quite set in stone yet and time is running out. Need to consolidate threads to try and lock something down and get everyone together in one place.

Thanks for understanding! :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:29:01 PM by Mavericke »
The AMC Eagle

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk