News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 06:47:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: appropriate??  (Read 2356 times)

Offline runs.like

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • long trips are not yet advised.
appropriate??
« on: February 04, 2015, 11:10:48 PM »
before I name names or point out specific ads, I wanted to know if it was appropriate to call out bunk cars for sale on craigslist.....

I drove over 3 hours to see a pair of eagles that turned out to be a total waste of time.  After multiple emails, some texts, and 2 talks on the phone, I scraped together the asking price and I took the day off from work to drive 3+ hrs to see the two eagles, what a waste of a day, neither one of them even had a battery  when we got there, couldn;t get either to start, definetly way less nice than advertised, tons of little problems and janky work done on them......
 seller -  "oh i forgot to mention we put an aftermarket shifter in the good car but it wouldn't fit right so we installed it backwards, removed the llinkage and made it a cable shift...." 
me-   "ummmmm ok......"   "
1970 Mercedes 250
1988 Eagle Wagon
1989 Chevy C1500

Baby Eagle

Re: appropriate??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 11:27:05 PM »
Understand, your thinking, but for every one special horror as you had there have been hunderds of good none horror conditions and I have one to prove it.
Paula

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk