News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 14, 2024, 07:10:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: subframe connectors / rock rails  (Read 9012 times)

Offline wagonmaster

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 7
Re: subframe connectors / rock rails
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 07:43:55 AM »
they are designed as bolt in, but there is no reason you couldnt weld them in, at least at the subframes. they can also be made as just subframe connectors without the rockrail outers. the earlier pics i posted show how they attach, i think. ill try to get some pics of the attachment points on the car.

Offline wagonmaster

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 03:16:54 PM »
im in north western NC. in the mountains. here are more pics. its difficult to get good pics of these, but these combined with my earlier pics should give a good idea. i also realized i misspoke in my earlier post, they only attach in one location  on the front subframe not two.

Offline wagonmaster

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »
it definitely stiffens the car. these are quite rigid as they are 1.5" .120 wall dom tubing. this is what you might use to build a full roll cage.

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 11:10:14 PM »
They look fantastic!  Very impressed!
ALMOST A Jeep THING...EVEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Offline wagonmaster

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 06:15:43 PM »
they are well made, buy a local 4x4 shop. the guy make tube buggies and the like.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk